Friday, June 04, 2010

Back on the wagon...again


The last few months have been busier and crazier than I expected.  Quitting my job brought extra stress for me both before I quit (through the month of April) and after I quit (through the month of May) probably due to finishing up things at work and then adjusting to a new routine at home.  I'm so happy that I made the decision to be home full-time and haven't regretted it for one moment.  Now that I'm feeling more relaxed and peaceful after finishing the transition, I'm able to focus more on my weight-loss goal.

Here's what's been happening for me in the last few months.  I had been hovering in the low 170's and I got discouraged that I wasn't making any progress and didn't feel like writing much of anything on my blog because I had nothing good to report.  I know I should stay open about everything, the good and the bad, but I didn't feel up to it.  The first 10 pounds were much easier than these next 10 are proving to be.  Last Saturday I turned 30 and am only more motivated than ever to get to a weight I am comfortable with.

I weighed June 1, which is kind of like my final May weigh-in since I didn't get to that on the 31st. I was 168.0.  This morning for my regular Friday weigh-in I am 169.4 lbs.   I am glad that I'm more consistently in the 160's now.

I've taken a new look at my eating habits and exercise (or lack-there-of) and am committed to continuing on my journey.  I'm watching my portions more closely and have already made exercise a bigger priority.  I'm getting ready to feel some more success coming my way!

1 comment:

  1. Glad you are back online, cutie-pie. I miss you when you are gone! Love you and Hi to your men.

    ReplyDelete