Friday, December 11, 2009

Welcome, Max!



We are so excited to welcome a new member to our family. Max Lincoln Murrill was born November 13, 2009 at 11:11am weighing 8 lbs. 11 oz. and measuring 21 3/4 inches long. It's been a busy 4 weeks as a family of four, but I will say that we are adjusting quite well. Mason has been nothing but sweet to Max and throughout the day goes over to him and strokes his head very gently. He also wants to hold him a lot which I find quite adorable. We went out to eat at Olive Garden last night for the first time since Max was born. It was our first time in that kind of restaurant with all of us and luckily Max slept the entire time and Mason had lots of fun and was mostly good. Ha.

For those of you who "tease" us that we need to try for a girl now, don't get too excited. I am 99 percent sure we are done having kids. Maybe you should ask me in 3 years, but I think we'll have our hands full with these two little boys. Plus, I'm not really into the idea of being pregnant again. It was wonderful, but I won't miss craving candy, bean burritos, or salads (not that it means I won't ever eat them again), horrible insomnia, being too hot all the time, not being able to sleep on my stomach, getting faint at work, waddling, tripping over the safety gate to get to the kitchen (oh wait, that still happens), and outgrowing my clothes every few months. Ok, so while those minor annoyances don't matter when I look at the beautiful face of my baby, there are actually a few things I'll miss. I loved feeling baby movements, knowing that a new life was beginning, being filled with so much wonder about who this person would be, and not worrying if my stomach stuck out after eating a big meal.

Now that I'm finished with that phase of my life, I suppose I'm utterly and completely entering the life of parenthood. I have a toddler who tells me when he's filling up his diaper (potty training advice, anyone?) and a baby counting on me for those middle-of-the-night feedings. I never thought taking a shower would be the highlight of "me-time" in my day.

1 comment:

  1. I totally understand the shower thing. I don't think I ever truly appreciated a nice hot shower until after having Ronan. Now if I could only find some time to use my big tub that I was so excited about when we first bought our new house. It's been about 2 1/2 months since we moved in, and it hasn't seen a drop of water yet...someday... :)

    ReplyDelete