Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Let me catch my breath.

Things have been so crazy lately that I feel like I'm barely able to keep up with myself!  We got back from Des Moines and 2 days later, the boys and I caught a flight to Washington where we visited with my family there.  It was a very fun 11 days, but also was tiring taking care of two boys as my cold turned into bronchitis and I had some pretty severe asthma.  We got back at about 1:00 A.M. this past Sunday morning and I was able to get some much-needed rest the past few days.

Today I started back to work.  Let me catch you up.  The first time, several weeks ago, it didn't end up working out which was actually good, as I had agreed to work 4 days a week and looking back, I was probably a little goofy thinking I could actually do that and maintain sanity.  I admire you mom's that work full-time.  That is a tough task and so many of you do it so well!  So Monday evening I got a message from Brandon, my boss and friend, who said they needed me after all, and that it would be great if I could start Wednesday (today).  It all happened to work out with childcare and I've agreed to work Monday mornings, and a full day on both Tuesday and Thursday.  This is a very do-able schedule for me and I am very thankful to have the extra income.

Speaking of Brandon, ahheeemmmm...He and his family, 5 people whom I love dearly (Maria, Mitchell, Blythe and Brynley), have announced that they are moving to North Carolina.  While I'd like to try anything to make them stay (selfishly, of course), and I have actually tried to think of something I could do to make them stay, I have to realize that instead of feeling sad that I should rejoice for the time God blessed us with by placing them in our lives.  They are some of the most kind-hearted, loving, fun, cool, gracious and meaningful people I've known.  I have no doubt they will be very happy and that God is leading them.  It's hard to leave people you appreciate and hard to be the ones left.  We've been on both sides and neither is easy.  I ask that you join me in praying for the Nudd family as they anticipate and begin their new life in the beautiful mountains of North Carolina.  We will miss you terribly! Ok, well at least they will likely be here a couple more months, give or take.  :)  I can cram in some time with them, although they might get sick of me hanging around all the time!  Oh well.  They shouldn't have told me they were leaving then.

I haven't weighed on Friday's like I'm supposed to.  I'll get back at it this week.  It's been too hard being on vacation across the country to keep up with it.

You won't find me on facebook or anywhere else on the internet (except for email and my blog), or reading books or magazines, or watching tv or movies for a little under 2 weeks.  My sis and I decided to try a "Media Fast" where we stop all of our bad habits and vices and only allow ourselves to journal and read our bibles.  It's already been very interesting and I'll let you know how the experiment has gone, once we finish.

It's just after 9:00 P.M., but I am so tired I think I might go to bed right now.  Good night!

1 comment:

  1. I'm proud of you both for your media fast! I look forward to the outcomes and insights that you glean... who knows... maybe it will become a new lifestyle!

    ReplyDelete