Saturday, November 20, 2010

Shabbat Shalom!

Happy Sabbath, Dear Friends!  I hope you are enjoying rest and taking time for the important things in life.  I am already getting into the Thanksgiving spirit, I suppose, because I've been thinking about things I'm thankful for.  Lately, I have been overwhelmingly thankful for my family, and today I'm going to tell you why.

My littlest boy, Max, is now a big one year-old and he has been dubbed by some, to be a "mini-me".  People say his eyes are just like mine and that he resembles me very much.  I'm so thankful for him, for how he has opened my heart up even more to learn how to love.  He makes me feel needed, wanted, and very important.  He also makes me feel like I'm doing a good job when he gives me his big toothy grin!

My oldest son, Mason, is a very busy 2 1/2 year-old who is looking more like his Daddy everyday, except for the little guy's amazing head of red hair.  I'm so thankful for Mason because he taught me how to be a mother and how to love like one.   Every time I hear his hearty little laugh I can't help but smile.  He is forgiving and loves me unconditionally.

My husband, Mike, has been in my life for 9 1/2 years, with 7 1/2 as my husband.  That's long enough for him to realize that I am terribly flawed.  He's been the receiver of my selfishness, my thoughtless remarks, my controlling habits, and the many negative effects of my insecurities.  Somehow he has loved me in spite of these things.  He is still the only person I ever want to spend my life with, my best friend, the only one who really "gets" me, and the one I still believe God planned for me.  He is an incredible man of God whom I aspire to be more like in many ways.

This thanksgiving, I'm more thankful than ever for the amazing blessing of my immediate and extended families.

So...I weighed in yesterday morning at 165.0 lbs.  I would like it to be much less.  But, it's not.  Enough said.

I wish each of you a very Happy Thanksgiving!


1 comment:

  1. I am thankful for you. You are beautifully marvelous. I love you. ~t

    ReplyDelete