Saturday, November 27, 2010

Wake-up Call

It's 7am, and thanks to my personal little alarm clock, also known as "Max", I've already been up for at least 1.5 hours.  I can't say that I mind too much, but I am hoping I get a little nap later today.

We've been having a wonderful time with the Murrill family here in Kansas City.  Stephanie and I brought the littlest ones, Max and Monroe, with us on Monday.  Mike, Mark and Mason drove out on Tuesday evening.  We celebrated Stephanie's 30th Birthday with a surprise dinner with friends at California Pizza Kitchen and some shopping and fun to follow.  There were two "celebrity" sightings during the celebration, we saw Sasha Kahn of the 2008 Champion KU Jayhawks, and Michael Tait, of the Newsboys and formerly of D.C. Talk.  The birthday girl even got her picture with Mr. Tait!

This morning we'll head to church and we're looking forward to seeing old friends.  There's just something about Sabbath.  I'm so glad it's here.  I'm so glad to have the rest and time-out from everyday life!

No comments:

Post a Comment