Friday, March 25, 2011

Photos As Promised

 My "home" for the weekend, "Helene's Room"

 My Bathroom

Don't want to miss your favorite show while you take a hot bath?  No problem!


All you ever needed to know about raising farm animals. 

These are actual records of daily work completed on the farm.  As you can see, this page is from 1933. 

One of many self-portraits. 

Oh look, I'm on the bed. 

And now I'm casually sitting against this wall.

 Awkward?!   

My first morning's breakfast.  It was INCREDIBLE!  The homemade cider topped it off. 

I'm very good at using the timer on the camera at this point.  It's just hard to run back to the chair and act like I've been quietly sitting there the whole time. 

Heading out after breakfast to go see the lake. This was the view from my room.



Serene.  Quiet.  Perfect. 

Not another awkward self-portrait!

The very steep stairs heading down to the lake. 

I made it. Totally worth it.

Untouched snow.

I was fascinated by these crevasses. I couldn't tell where the water ended and the land began.


My soon-to-be companion.

It's okay.  I'm pretty sure this wasn't meant for me.

Back up the stairs.


View from the top.

Time for some serious snowshoeing.

Really, again?

Making my path where no one had gone before.  Or, at least since the last snowfall.



I love how brilliant this red was in contrast to everything else.

A funny peeling tree.

Wow, you're a natural.  You look so at-ease on those snow shoes.

Some of the cool farm machines.

All done.

My sweet little buddy.  Followed me around the whole morning and waited outside my door when I'd go inside.  I'm not usually a dog person, but she got to me.

I love red barns.

Some of the silos for storing grain.

We get it.  You like to take pictures of yourself.

Cozy feet.  Thanks Nae.

Sunday morning breakfast was equally AMAZING! 

The last self-portrait.  Showing off my timer-skills one last time.

An old butter churner was just one of their original antiques.

Exploring Sheboygan, this was a resort I came across on the lakeshore.



The only time I didn't take a picture of myself. As you can see, I decided to get my haircut.

A new "do" for a renewed me!

A trip and personal journey I will never forget.

2 comments:

  1. You are lucky that you are cute enough that all of your self-portraits add charm and connection. It wouldn't be so with everyone. I like being able to picture you there because, well, I did - thank you timer!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, Melissa. This looks like it was a great experience. I respect you for taking this time for yourself...and I believe it is appropriate to add a, "you go girl."

    ReplyDelete