Thursday, January 05, 2012

Starting New


This year and going forward, I have decided to keep it simple and instead of tying my blog to a detailed and lengthy resolution, I’m just going to express what comes naturally to me: writing about my personal journey as it evolves and unfolds, and throwing in some hobbies for fun (home projects, clothing deals, and crafts).

My new title, Perfect Imperfection, honors my current journey and it's challenges. As a perfectionist, I often don’t think things are good enough, including my own efforts. Going forward, I’d like to laugh more often than I get uptight, to not be so hard on myself, to be okay with an unexpected twist, to stop judging myself harshly, and to enjoy life.  I want freedom.

May a partially-cleaned bathroom be okay, may I still invite someone over if my floor isn’t vacuumed, may I see what I accomplished with my kids for the day even if the house has nothing to show for it, may I serve someone a less-than-gourmet meal and not feel bad, and may my children feel loved even when they spill the cereal or act like less than angels. May my efforts be perfectly satisfying, even if the end result is less than perfect.


You may have had a day like this, when kids cut their own hair and put on eyeliner.


Or like this one, when you wake up to a disaster.


There can also be days like this...
 when things are slow
 and the beauty of life is easy to see.


Either way each day goes, I want to accept my imperfect life, as perfect, for me.

3 comments:

  1. enjoyed reading your thoughts also love the haircut

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've enjoyed so much watching your blog change and grow. Just wanted to let you know that I nominated your blog for the Liebster award. You can go to my blog to learn more. Love you!

    http://murrillspearlsofwisdom.blogspot.com/2012/01/liebster-award_10.html

    ReplyDelete