Monday, January 02, 2012

Imagine Me, New.


 First, let me say, that the new stuff I talked about in my last post is still coming, but isn’t quite ready yet…So please hang on with me just a little longer!

What a way to start the New Year! Mike and I went to a concert at Willow Creek Community Church last night featuring Kirk Franklin, of gospel music fame. I first heard of him back in 2005 when I saw the music video of him performing his hit “Imagine Me”. He sang this song last night and it hit me just as hard. The tears came welling up.

What a year it’s been. My parents’ divorce was finalized, close family and friends moved away, I struggled to find peace and balance as a full-time mom, we lost our dear Grandpa Murrill and financial fears crept into my mind. But God was faithful. As the year unfolded, unexpected things eased the loneliness, and God gave us blessings more abundant than I could have imagined. He also showed me personally, that He was with me every step of the way as I faced insecurity, loneliness, and fear from my past and as I fought to pass on love, respect, and patience to my kids and leave some unhealthy methods behind.

As I listened to the words of that song last night, I couldn’t help but feel like every word was meant just for me.

Here are some favorite moments from the song:

“Imagine me, loving what I see, when the mirror looks at me”

“Imagine me, in a place of no insecurities, and I'm finally happy”

“Imagine me, letting go of all of the ones who hurt me, 'cause they never did deserve me”

“Can you imagine me, saying no to thoughts that try to control me, remembering all you told me”

“Lord, can you imagine me, over what my mamma said, and healed from what my daddy did, and I wanna live, and not read that page again”

“You never felt good enough, you never felt pretty enough,
but imagine God, whispering in your ear
letting you know that everything that has happened, is now
gone. Gone. It's gone, all gone.”


We’re starting something new. I know it won’t be perfect and neither will I, but I’m ready to let go of the old and make something new.

No comments:

Post a Comment