Monday, February 22, 2010

TMI Alert: Montezuma, how did I offend thee?

It's been an interesting weekend!  I weighed on Friday morning and was 176.6 lbs.

Later that evening, I proceeded to come down with a severe case of gastroenteritis.  I weighed in the morning and was already several pounds lighter.  I was still feeling relatively well and made it to church but didn't last too long after that.  My symptoms became increasingly worse.  I was going on 20+ hours of severe diarrhea and finally decided I needed to go to the Hinsdale Emergency Department Saturday night.  They hooked me up to an IV because I was very dehydrated.  They gave me several different medications to calm down my intestines, to soothe my stomach and I even got a shot in the behind to curb the nausea.  My potassium was quite depleted so they gave me some potassium pills.  I was in the ED for probably 3 hours. They wanted to make sure I got at least 2 liters of fluids through my IV.  I was released and came home and actually slept better than I have in quite a while.

I'm still taking a variety of prescriptions they gave me but today am finally feeling a tad more energetic.  Luckily, my mom was visiting us this weekend so she was able to stay with the boys while Mike and I were at the hospital.  Although she tried to give Max a bottle while we were there, not surprisingly he defiantly refused, but luckily I had pumped at the hospital earlier enough that I still was able to breastfeed him once we got home and he was able to relax and settle down.

Yesterday I mainly rested, but I today I'm dying to get out of the house so we may take the kids to  Yorktown mall to just walk around a bit.  I don't think I'll be up for exercising for quite a while, but that's okay with me.  I'm just glad to get through all of this with a smile on my face!

No comments:

Post a Comment