Friday, September 17, 2010

Too much of a good thing?

Apple season is upon us and since I've been eating delicious, freshly picked honeycrisp's every day, I suppose I shouldn't be surprised that I'm experiencing one of nature's more unpleasant afflictions.  I'll let you guess what that might be, shouldn't be too difficult.  I've been taking it easy since yesterday and hoping to feel better soon.  Luckily, we had an awesome day outside on Wednesday at the beach with Maria and the kids, so staying inside hasn't felt too bad.  I've posted a few pictures below from our beach trip.

I weighed in this morning at 166.4 lbs.  This week it was definitely harder to stay on track and I had several meals eating out, including a never-ending pasta bowl from Olive Garden, that I can't say I regret!  Did you know that you have to have a deficit of 3500 calories to lose just one pound?  That's a lot.  I've been trying to cut back by a few hundred calories per day.  Even that isn't easy, so to build up to that size of a calorie deficit can take more than a day or two, and frankly it should, if I am to be losing weight in a healthful way.  

I'm going to try something new this week that I haven't done since I was pregnant and was ordered to do this by my doctors.  I am going to try to go off of sweets, candy, etc. for the week and see how I feel.  I am not planning to go off of everything that has sugar in it, as this would mean I wouldn't be able to eat almost anything, but I am going to try to make choices that exclude desserts, and other obvious sugar-laden foods.  

I'll check in next Friday and let you know how it goes! Until then, enjoy the harvest of September, but remember: it's possible to eat too many apples.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment