Monday, August 08, 2011

New Life

I'm so pleased to announce that my new niece, McKinley Joy Murrill, arrived on August 3rd!  She came 5 weeks early but is already at home with Steph, Mark and big sister Monroe.

Tonight was the first time I'd been able to hold her.  I took the boys to their house so we could all officially meet her.  Seeing her through the glass window in the hospital just wasn't the same, although I'll never forget the moment Max saw her and gave her the nickname "Kiki".  Just perfect, Max!  She's very tiny, and very beautiful.

While both boys were excited to meet her, Mason seemed especially enamored.  He petted her head several times and gave her the tiny toy goose he picked out for her today.  When she coo-ed, he exclaimed, "She said, 'Goose please' ".  Of course she did!

Tomorrow night we are celebrating her, and her early arrival, with a baby shower at our friend Jen Brown's house.  I'm so excited that I finally get to be at one of my sisters showers.  I couldn't go to either of Renee's since I live halfway across the country, so this is extra special for me.  We'll take some pictures and eventually, I will post some of those as well as some from many months ago that I've been too lazy to take off my camera.  One of these days I'll get to it...but for now:

Let's hear it for a new baby, a new life, and a new family!!!

God bless Mark, Stephanie, Monroe and McKinley Murrill!

1 comment:

  1. YAYAYA! New life is most marvelous! Congrats to the other Murrills!

    ReplyDelete