Wednesday, August 03, 2011

Lead Me

Somehow, I'm finding a quick moment to breathe.  I feel bad that I haven't written a blog post in so long, (mostly because I've missed it) but if I looked back at the past month, I'm still not sure I would have had a moment to do it.

We have had a lot of company this summer. Each visit was so wonderful and I'm glad we got to see so many different members of our family. I will be honest, and say that my energy cup is very empty, but I'm also kind of energized to get back into our normal, more quiet schedule.  Like most kids, Mason and Max do better when things are predictable and constant so it's always nice to settle back in to our routine.

I've been thinking a lot lately about God's leading in our lives.  If there's one thing I've learned about  following God's plan, it's that following His plan is always better than following mine. Any time I've tried to lead and have made a choice that put us in a particular situation, I end up feeling frustrated, unhappy and unfulfilled. I think it's because I don't see the big picture.  But He does.

Life throws you curve balls. Maybe you didn't expect to be divorced at this point in your life, or maybe you never thought you would face foreclosure when you moved into a home you loved.  I certainly don't know why some of the most gut-wrenching experiences happen to us, but I do know that God will be with us through all of it. The hard part is believing that and living it. If you do, if you keep your faith in Him through life's detours, He will not let you down.  For me, by trusting Him and not giving up on His promises to take care of me, I've received a peace of mind that's priceless.  Seeing where He has lead our family, sometimes unexpectedly, makes me know that I always want Him in charge of those decisions.  I always end up looking back and thinking, "Wow, I never saw that coming" or "I had no idea that going down that path would lead to this". He usually seems to take us places I would have never thought to go.  I think it's important to remember that in His time, He will show you His plans.  He will walk with you, pick you up when you fall, carry you when you are weak and ultimately, He will be faithful in His promises to prosper you, to give you hope and a future.  Try it.  He won't let you down.

No comments:

Post a Comment