Friday, January 29, 2010

And my first month's goal is...DEMOLISHED!!!

I'm so excited to report that I stepped on the scale this morning for my weekly weigh-in and found that I'm now 176.4 lbs! My goal was to get down to 177.5 this month and I'm so thrilled to be a pound lighter than that. I will check-in on the 31st, but this means that come Sunday morning, if I am still lower than 177.5 (pending I don't do too much celebrating with food...ha) that I get to finally wear the red puffer jacket and black skirt I purchased. Although, I don't plan on wearing them together.

We are beside ourselves with happiness that Mark, Steph and Monroe arrived last night. It feels so good to have them here, and for good. This morning their moving truck arrived with their belongings and although their house isn't yet arranged, at least their things are there.

It's been fun having them here already. We got the regular kid-gang together tonight at Sweet Tomatoes. Jen, Jared, Maria, Brandon and all the kids joined our two Murrill families. Monroe made it an even 3-3 for boys and girls when it came to the kids. Having been outnumbered ever since Max was born, Blythe and Ella were thankful to add another girl to the mix.

It's great to think of all the fun times we have ahead of us with the Murrill's here. Mike and Mark grew up in Hinsdale and Clarendon Hills before they moved to Kansas City when Mike was 7 and Mark was 5. I bet they never thought they'd end up back in the same place with their own wives and children.

3 comments:

  1. congrats!!!!! good work melissa!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I knew you could do it, Melissa! You look great!! And you didn't even have to give up sourdough bread with honey butter!
    We had lots of fun last night... and this morning.. hope you have a nice Sunday :)
    Love, Jen

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, Gina! Jen, at first I only saw that your post was made by Jared and I was trying to figure out when he became so supportive of my weight loss! Ha! I've only got 4 pounds to lose before I get my 10 pound prize of hanging out with you! Can't wait.

    ReplyDelete