Sunday, January 17, 2010

Cookies and Pilates

I have to admit that I LOVE cookies and I've narrowed it down to three of my favorite "cookie-cooks" that I need to tell you about. If I've not mentioned someone here that makes excellent cookies it just means I need to eat more of them to continue my quest for the perfect cookies! The first of my favorites is Grandpa Hallam, Mike's mom's dad, who makes all kinds of delicious cookies including peanut butter and oatmeal. His cookies are so delicious. Even cookies that usually aren't my favorite flavor are cookies I will devour quickly when he makes them. He just knows how to make any kind absolutely irresistible. We love it when he sends them to us with Mom and Dad. The next favorite I discovered only a couple of weeks ago, is Danielle Muhlenbeck's chocolate chip cookies. I truly have been on a mission to find the perfect chocolate chip cookie and I must say I have found my favorite. Her cookies have the perfect texture, are soft, chocolately, and with a delicious dough, are the perfect balance. My final favorite is Maria Nudd's special cookies. I have to admit that I can't even say exactly what is in them (besides chocolate and maybe some coconut?), but I was lucky enough to come home with a plate of them last night and I've been enjoying them immensely! Hers are also very soft and have something in them that acts like potato chips in that you can't have just one.

On that note, after enjoying so many cookies lately, I was excited to be invited to try a Pilates class with Danielle and Kelsey this morning. I haven't done pilates before, but have wanted to see what it's all about. I found it peaceful and relaxing, yet still a good workout. It was similar to yoga and I may try to do the class more regularly. I can tell I used the muscles in my core. It was fun to try something new and to do it with friends.

I have just over two weeks to meet my first goal weight of 177.5 lbs.

2 comments:

  1. Wow! What an honor to be one of your favorite cookie cooks! Pilates and Cookies are a FABULOUS combination.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree! Thanks so much for the recipe. I am so excited to try it and I hope they turn out as good as yours.

    ReplyDelete