Friday, January 22, 2010

Weigh-in Friday

I was pleasantly surprised at my weigh-in this morning when I found out I actually did lose a little bit this week and am down to 178.2 lbs, body fat percentage is 26.8 and body water is 55%. I'm glad the scale measures more precisely than whole pounds or I wouldn't always know if I was making progress.

I have to be honest that I got myself a prize already for when I meet my goal at the end of this month. I am confident it's going to happen. It better happen! I just need to lose .8 of a pound and I'll get to use the new red puffer coat and black skirt I got in the mail today from Gap. This will not be a regular thing each month, but I wanted to celebrate completing the first month and my success losing the first 5 pounds. Rather than monthly prizes, I'm opting for quarterly prizes to keep costs down, especially considering the final prize I've chosen.

I've decided that what I want, after I've lost my 30 pounds, is a flat panel TV. I don't think Mike will mind too much either! I've also decided what I want to get for my 6-month prize. I need some new luggage so I want to get a carry-on size suitcase and one a little bigger. I want something in a fun color or pattern and I'm very excited to be able to pick those out.

Now it's Sabbath and we just spent over an hour on Skype talking with my sis Renee and her family. I even got to read bedtime stories to my nieces, Amelie and Elianne. Now it's bedtime for me.

1 comment:

  1. Good for you, beauty! You are doing great. Love to you and your men -t

    ReplyDelete