Thursday, January 07, 2010

Doctor's Orders

I had my official post-partum appointment today with my OB/GYN and have been cleared for active duty! She said I am healing great and I can safely resume regular activities. I didn't expect anything otherwise, but I am very excited to feel free to focus more intently on my workouts, although I still need to work up to it. Also, I'm finding it a challenge to have energy to workout when I'm still up several times at night with Max. At least I've been able to get some naps here and there.

The word is out and we are so excited that Mark, Stephanie and Monroe Murrill are moving to Chicago! They will be here in about 3 weeks and we couldn't be happier to finally live close to them. I'm having visions of Sabbath lunches together, cousin playdates at the park and picnics at the beach this summer! We may even have to try camping with our little ones.

I just enjoyed a huge bowl of Grandma Murrill's lentil soup. It's SO delicious. Of all the things I could be eating a huge bowl of, I think this was a good choice!

Tomorrow morning I'm going to do my weekly weigh-in and post the results. Let's hope I'm on track still!


2 comments:

  1. Reading your post took me back to when I first started working out after Matthew was born. It felt like my body was going to fall apart! I almost cried when I realized that I couldn't even do one sit up :( But luckily it all comes back if you keep at it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are a great inspiration melissa! I went to the gym yesterday & did my workout for the first time since having Riley. It wasn't as bad as I thought it was going to be and I really did feel good afterwards. That being said, I can totally relate to feeling too tired & overwhelmed with the two boys to drive 20 minutes to the gym after Joe gets home from work. Im hoping that following your progress will help to motivate me to continue on and stay strong!

    ReplyDelete