Tuesday, October 01, 2013

31 Days of Letting Love Win

It's possible I'm the worst fancy blogger. Tonight, I was all excited to do a link-up to another blog (don't worry if you don't know what that means, I don't really either) that is hosting it's annual "31 Days" blogging challenge. If you haven't heard of Nesting Place, it's a blog I've enjoyed for several years, mainly because I agree in her concept of "It doesn't have to be perfect to be beautiful". The gist, is that each year in October, she challenges people to post on their blogs daily for the entire month. I've pondered it before, but this year, I'm awkwardly jumping in, kind of like the cat who swims when they have to, not because they really want to. Here's where the rest of the awkward comes in, I totally failed the link-up. I ended up posting a picture of the generic "no photo" graphic you are supposed to replace, as my actual photo. This is after I spent about an hour creating a cute little button to use, that if I can figure out how to post here, I will certainly do. No promises, though. Oh brother. Not perfect. Oh well. I'm still here writing and that's the most important part.

I'm in an interesting place right now, having come to some recent awareness of how childhood experiences have shaped my life. I'm not wanting to over-share and get too bogged down in things, but one thing I've learned from some of the very personal blogs I follow, is that their honesty has helped me feel like I'm not the only one working through past experiences. If it helps one person feel like they aren't alone, then I'm happy. My intent is not to hurt or expose anyone in my life unnecessarily, either, but rather to share how my journey goes this month.

So, to make a very long story short, each day this month, as I struggle to come to grips with facing old wounds, as well as be present and available to take care of my family (seriously, it is for THEM that I even feel I must go down this road and find healing), I want to focus on letting LOVE win. I am always making way for fear, for insecurity, for survival, rather than experiencing life fully. So, may LOVE win for the next 31 Days. (....And beyond! - A little nod to the Buzz Lightyear-loving boys in my house)

I'll test out my little button here, but if it doesn't work, I may have to edit it out.

file://localhost/Users/melissamurrill/Desktop/picmonkey_image.jpg

Update: It doesn't work. I don't know what I'm doing. Life goes on.


No comments:

Post a Comment