Wednesday, October 09, 2013

Day 9. Halfway.

I wish I could say I was halfway done with the writing assignments that go along with my healing process, but I can't. I can, however, say that I'm halfway across the country on my trip to "The Inland Empire", also known as, Spokane, WA. I promise that's what it's called. Sounds pretty fancy, huh?

Right now, I'm sitting in Denver (forgive me if blogging from the iPad causes errors, again), one of my favorite airports. Thankfully, Direct TV gave me free wifi-TV so I got to watch several of my favorite HGTV home shows on the flight here. But, back to this lovely city. It will always be one of my favorite places on earth. It's where Mike and I moved right after our wedding, where we built a life together, bought a home and started our family. Five and a half years it was our home, and still feels like home just being in this airport.

In a few hours I'll be back in the state of my very first home. It's fun to look back at the good old memories, but I wouldn't trade what life has thrown my way, for anything. It's good to be pushed, good to stretch, good to grow. It's good to make new friends, to go new places, be a little uncomfortable sometimes. What's funny to me now, is how Chicago feels familiar, homey, and right these days. It really is less about the place you are and more about the people, my husband and my two boys.

This is an oldie, but I love it.


Tonight, I'm not really halfway home. Not until I'm going in the other direction.

No comments:

Post a Comment