Monday, October 14, 2013

Day 13. Imperfect-ness.

It's a whirlwind over here. Just like that, all the girls traveled back to their respective homes, except for me (I came back up to my sisters place), and I'm glad to enjoy a few more days with my sis.

On our way, we stopped by to visit one of my dear friends, Nicole. I really miss her and her family in our lives since they moved this summer. They used to live just a few miles from us. Mason and Max had each made their buddy, Nicole's son, a handmade card, full of lots of love (even getting up early before school to make it) and I was happy to bring them along, to hand deliver.

I can't stop thinking about how much love went into those cards. How imperfect they are, with smeared colors, funny drawings, writing that isn't perfect, but how much more it reflects my boys than something made at a factory. They selected each color, picked each sticker, colored on top of some, and told me what to write. Max even signed his own name at the end, written perfectly backwards. And that's life.

Embrace your imperfect-ness. It makes you, you.

No comments:

Post a Comment