Sunday, October 13, 2013

Day 12. Being real and being outnumbered.

Obviously, the last few days I've been doing shorter posts and this is because I've been spending time with people I don't get to see very often, so they take priority right now. I'm still trying, though, to keep up with my commitment to post every day for 31 days focused on Letting Love Win.

Today was another day of typical girl-weekend activities for us. Lots of talking, lots of making and eating good food, more talking, some nail painting, looking at 50-year old family photos, and then a fun movie. Sometimes, letting love win is just letting love in. And letting love in can mean letting people in, not pushing them away. This weekend feels like that. Sometimes we talk about the memories, the good and the bad. It's not always pretty, it's not always fun, but it's real. And I like real. And it helps me understand where I came from and who I am today. And that helps me know how to be better for my family, now. Looking into the past is valuable if it can help you with he present.

And right now I miss my boys. My red-headed sporty boy, my brown-eyed snuggler, and my blue-eyed love. But, I'm trying to enjoy every moment with these precious ladies, until I come back to my boy-filled world.  Because sometimes, for a few days I suppose, it's kind of nice not to be outnumbered.


No comments:

Post a Comment