Friday, October 04, 2013

Day 4. Push.

Change can be hard. But if we never push ourselves and allow change in our lives, we may miss the chance to grow, to learn, to become better. Choosing love over fear can be like this.





I made a decision last week to do something out of my comfort zone, but something I hope will allow some positive change in my life. I'm attending a 2-day "Why?" seminar this weekend. It's purpose is to help you look at parental relationships, how absent parents or different types of abuse and addictions in families have affected one's mindset and then how to begin healing, all from a Christian perspective. While I'm not someone with the worst-case scenario, I also know I have some work to do if I want to be in a healthier place and have better habits as I guide my own children. 



Diving into serious topics like this can be emotionally overwhelming, but I'm ready. I'm ready to face it, if it can bring positive change for our family.

So here I go. I'm choosing love, choosing change, discomfort, going out of my box, and instead of running away, I'm looking my fear in the face. 

The first session starts tomorrow afternoon.

No comments:

Post a Comment