Thursday, October 03, 2013

Day 3. Perspective.

It's Day 3 in my 31 days of writing about "Letting Love Win". Sometimes, whether you realize you have something or not depends on your perspective. It's easy to focus on the thing that's wrong, but miss the many things that are right. Tonight, I decided to think about the way love shows up in my life. And when you really start thinking about it, you can probably find it in more places than you'd expect.

A few "Love" moments recently:

The boys bring me leaves, twigs, weeds, flowers, branches, or rocks. They don't just want me to hold whatever it is, it's a special gift they picked out just for me. Melts me.

Friends, being more awesome than I expected. Sharing life and being real.

My husband comes home from an 11-hour day at work and immediately jumps into play time with the kids. They might love him more than anyone else. Ever.

Sharing 80-degree October days in the backyard with friends, pools and popsicles.


Cheering for the blue team! Especially #17. 


We may have lost a tree, but we gained a fun stump. 


Brothers = Love
I will remind them as often as I have to.


Family. This family is love to me.



And just because, I love looking at old pictures to remember how far we've come. All the adventures, the learning about life and each other and what family means. Here are a few oldies.







There are plenty of my own issues to work through, but I feel so much love with these men in my life.

If you look for it you will find it.

Love wins. Again.

No comments:

Post a Comment