Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Day 15. The last night.

Today we debated whether we should go to some new antique shops we had heard about, or go to our favorite mall, and then where to eat afterward. After some thought, instead, my sister and I decided we'd rather have a low-key day. So rather than hurrying around and rushing for my last day in Washington, we made food together, talked about our made-up rules of home decor, and jumped together on the trampoline with my three nieces. It was a fun day. We just enjoyed being together. I liked the way our day ended up. I got to "be" with my sister. That's what I miss most while being far away from her.

So tonight is my last night here. And that means we are going to party hard (at least as much as us thirty-something moms, on a school night, are willing to do). Tonight, that probably means some tea and a Jane Austen movie.

Good night. And farewell from Washington, the rolling farm fields, evergreen trees, peaceful quiet, and cool crisp air.

I'm coming home, boys. Missed you like crazy.

No comments:

Post a Comment