Tuesday, October 08, 2013

Day 8. In the Fog.

Today I'm in a fog. I want to get started working on things, but I am side-tracked by the fact that I'm flying across the country tomorrow afternoon for a week. By myself. I'm really excited to see my sister and have some special time with a few family members, and although I don't get the chance to see all my beloved relatives, this is a special once-a-year trip that includes a girl's weekend with a few of my closest female familials. 

Naturally, I feel like I'm coming down with a cold today (how does that always happen on vacation?), but in 24 hours I'll be getting close to being able to take care of myself for a whole week. Mike's parents are helping us out here with the boys by coming in shifts which helps me be able to leave for so long with greater peace of mind. 

Every time I leave, I think about the boys constantly, but I also need a break sometimes and I can think of no better way to recuperate and rest-up than with my sister, drinking tea and watching Jane Austen movies.

Ready or not, sister. Here I come!

No comments:

Post a Comment