Saturday, October 05, 2013

Day 5. Learning begins.

I made it through today! Sometimes that's quite an accomplishment.

We slept in later than we planned, but went to church. Then we stayed longer at church, talking with friends, than we'd planned, so when we got home, I scrapped the fancy homemade pasta dinner plans for chick-patty sandwiches. Thanks to switching up the meal, I was able to still eat and get to my seminar on time.

The seminar was awesome. I learned about how events in our early childhood affect us, often before we know how to verbalize it, and how events that happen between ages 3-7 are tested against the paradigm we've built from birth-age 2. Wow. Lots more ahead for tomorrow. Although I enjoyed today's presentation, I'm looking forward to learning what I can do, now, to move forward and work through past hurts.

No one comes from a perfect family because that doesn't exist in our world. But I still want to be a better mother and help make my family more trusting, more open, and more safe as my children learn to navigate life.

No comments:

Post a Comment