Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Day 29. Parent/Teacher Conferences.

It's way past my bedtime, so I'm keeping it short and sweet.

We had Mason's first parent/teacher conference today and it went really well. He is progressing well scholastically, and is doing great socially too. The fears I had when we first sent him to school have been replaced with joy as I see him thriving, learning, making friends, and still being himself which means very sandy shoes at the end of the day. He LOVES the sandbox. And he often surprises me with  a rock, stick, coin, rusted hair clip, or other lost sandbox item. "Look, Mommy. I brought you something." So sweet. Except when he brought home some pieces of a classroom checkers game in his pocket. Those had to go back. Ha.

The fun part about parent/teacher conferences is that we have two half days of school today and tomorrow. The sad part is that me and the boys are sick. So maybe tomorrow, we'll all nap in the afternoon and I can pretend I have a 2 and 4 year old again and for a moment, forget how big and independent these boys are getting, and wish that I could hold on to a few more of those quiet, peaceful days. Well, there weren't too many of those, but it will be fun to have them both home for the whole afternoon, just the same.

Good night!

No comments:

Post a Comment